Top 5 Things for under 25s to learn in 2018 which instantly make you feel super clever and wonderful
In January it’s normally all about New Year resolutions. With this in mind, we thought that rather than promising to give up chocolate or go the gym, it would be fun to identify five things that lots of people either struggle with or have simply never thought to do / learn. This is what we came up with.
- What the bones in your body are called. Think about it – how many people do you know who have no idea what their own body parts are called? Once you learn these you can ace University Challenge and annoy everyone around you by insisting on being incredibly precise when discussing any ailments.
- How to use a comma – ‘my parents, the Queen of England, and Snoop Dog’ is not the same as ‘my parents the Queen of England and Snoop Dog’ – trust me.
- The names of three brilliant female engineers and three female football players – don’t you ever get fed up with the answers in TV quizzes being men?
- The difference between practice and practise and licence and license – no, they’re not just the English or American spellings.
- How to make the most amazing tomato pasta sauce from scratch – trust me it’s worth it.