Choosing the right college is an important decision, especially as the jobs market for school and college leavers is so competitive. Harrow College ensures that its students are ahead of the rest which make this a great choice for you to consider.
A general further education college, Harrow has developed its ethos and strategy over the last few years from simply offering education to helping its students shape their lives.
What courses does Harrow College offer?
The college, based in the north-west London borough of Harrow, caters for around 2,000 16 to 18-year-old students. Programmes of study include A-levels, BTEC, Apprenticeships, Foundation learning courses and many more. Harrow College is different because at the heart of these programmes is a focus on employability, enterprise and entrepreneurship.
It’s not all about qualifications at Harrow College
At Harrow College, courses are designed to get students thinking about those softer skills that employers and universities tell us they want in addition to qualifications, such as resilience, creativity, curiosity, communication and collaboration. Career preparation begins from day one. Students at Harrow College will leave to pursue employment or further study, knowing that they have a competitive edge.
Facilities at Harrow College
Harrow College has also invested heavily in digital and creative skills and professional and business services courses in partnership with the Careers College Trust. It recently opened an Enterprise Centre, which will play a key role in supporting all students, equipping them with the necessary digital and business skills desired by employers. Its remodelled curriculum includes more real life experiences and employer engagement, such as meeting leading employers on campus, mock interview practice, inspirational guest speakers, motivating away days and innovative student Expos.
Careers at Harrow College
A dedicated careers and employability team are on hand for information, advice and guidance – from course choice and career paths to UCAS applications and work experience opportunities. A number of new facilities are also available. New science laboratories, a media edit suite and a specialist LLDD Centre (for learners with difficulties and/or disabilities) have opened at Harrow College. There are also many specialist facilities including an on-site gym, hair and beauty salon, specialist construction campuses, a quality art and design unit and a full-time Apprenticeships team to offer you the very best alternatives to starting your career.
Did you know…
- Harrow College has four campuses – all supported with excellent public transport links.
- Harrow College welcome students from nationalities across the world and from all cultures. In 2015/16, over 100 countries were represented by its students.
- Harrow College scored a ‘Good’ rating at its most recent Ofsted review – the second highest possible rating.
- The Harrow on the Hill campus is a 5 minute walk away from Harrow town centre which has two shopping centres, a cinema, restaurants and many high street shops.
- In 2015/16, Harrow College students’ career networked with over 50 leading employers including Google, IBM, BT and many more.
- Over 50 universities visited Harrow College in 2015/16, eager to meet students and inform them about future opportunities.
For more on Harrow College and to apply, visit www.harrow.ac.uk